Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gold Fever!

We live about 30 minutes from where it all began for the gold Rush of California. I have been so eager to come out to Sutter's mill and actually see the river where it all took place. I kept on having flashbacks of fourth grade and learning about this time in our history. And the song "paint your wagon" kept on repeating itself over and over in my head. I have never been panning for gold before, so i thought this would be an opportune time to do so. (except for the time at Knott's berry farm, but that doesn't count). I was so excited that I was determined to find GOLD! But to my dismay i didn't find ANY! But we sure had a great time in the freezing cold water feeling like a true 49er!



That is Sutter's mill in the background
That is THE American River
I was so excited in this picture
A local told us that we had to go way out into the middle of the river to find the big pieces of gold, it was so cold i couldn't stay in long, next time i will be bringing some rubber boots!
My feet and hands were frozen, but i was determined to find Gold. I really was getting gold fever, it was weird to feel this way, I had to rip myself away and realize i was not going to find gold that day.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Fun! Are you guys back in California now that your mega trip is over?

The Trotter Family said...

I love the new look of your blog! So if you find a piece of gold,you will have to post a pic.